Around November/December 2018, Mayor Bill de Blasio will appoint one resident as a member of the NYCHA Board to fill a vacancy. Board members represent the more than 400,000 people who call NYCHA home when voting on contracts, resolutions, policies, rules and regulations, and other administrative matters. This is not a full-time position, but you should be able to devote a minimum of 15-20 hours each month, for which you will receive a monthly stipend per hours of service up to $1,500. The application process starts September 15, 2018. All applications must be submitted online or postmarked by October 31, 2018.
To qualify, you must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A NYCHA resident in good standing
- Cleared for service by the New York City Department of Investigation, the New York City Conflicts of Interest Board, and/or NYCHA’s Office of the Inspector General
Here’s how to apply:
- Online at on.nyc.gov/nycha-board
- Download the application at on.nyc.gov/nycha-board
- Get an application at any Property Management Office or Borough Management Office
- Or call 311 for an application
Applications can be mailed to:
NYCHA Resident Board Member
P.O. Box 3422
New York, NY 10008-3422
Watch current Resident Board Member Victor Gonzalez talk about his experience:
Ve la versión en español del video aquí.